Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Action!

Memorial Day, a day to commemorate those who gave their lives in defense of our way of living. I guess we mainly see it as the first real holiday of the summer.

I just wanted to spend the day relaxing, but someone decided to ruin my day by hijacking my Internet Explorer. Luckily it is just on one computer. Why would someone do something so meaningless as that??? They can't possibly get anything out of it. The computer gets redirected to a page that doesn't even work, so if they were looking for hits, it just didn't do a thing for them.

I saw Emeril do a recipe the other night that I adapted for "LOWER CARB" ... I can't call it exactly low carb, but it sure looked good. The recipe is Ginger and Guava glazed ribs. I couldn't find low-carb guava jelly, so mine is Ginger and Apricot glazed ribs, but it's still true to the original Emeril idea. Mainly, it is ribs with a terrific dry rub baked at low heat, tightly covered in a pool of tequila! Once they are done, you cover them with this awesome lime, tequila, and Guava [ or Apricot] glaze and broil them for a few minutes. YUM! Emeril's original recipe is on the food channel site. I substituted Sugar Free Smucker's Apricot Jam for the Guava Jelly and Splenda for the sugar. I also used a single slab of full sized ribs instead of the baby back's because they were 4 times as expensive as the regular ones (and I'm nothing if not cheap!) I also used totally el-cheapo tequila for cooking. Emeril used Cabo Wabo, but then Sammy Hagar sent him a whole case to use for free. I'd use Cabo, too, if someone were sending me cases for free. LOL.

I also made a great pasta salad to go along using Dreamfields pasta, of course. It has thin slices of summer squash and zucchini, tomatoes, and a whole pound of my homemade goatmilk cheese in it, with oil and red wine vinegar, and a bunch of my fresh herbs.

Sammy, if you ever read this, I have a proposition: I'll send you homemade goatmilk cheese, soap, and lotion for a year, if you'll send me a case of your Tequila!

No comments: